Rules of Play – Wise Guys Charity Fund “Catch the Ace Raffle”
1. Ticket purchasers of the Wise Guys Charity Fund Catch the Ace Raffle acknowledge that they have read, understood and agree to these Rules and Regulations. The liability of the licensee shall be limited to the purchase price of the ticket, which is not tax deductible. LL#9450
2. Chase the Ace tickets will be available for purchase each day, during regular business hours at Kully’s Original Sports Bar, located at 223 St. Paul Street, St. Catharines, Ontario. Tickets may also be available for sale at select Wise Guys Charity Fund events. Tickets are $5.00 each or 3 for $10.00. There is no limit to the number of tickets available for sale. Tickets are to be paid for at the time of purchase and must be paid for by cash.
3. Ticket sales are restricted to those 19 years of age and older and they must be present at the time of purchase. Tickets may not be purchased in the name of a minor. The following persons are prohibited from purchasing or have an interest in a raffle ticket: Wise Guys Charity Raffle Board Members, employees of KBA Consulting Inc., management staff of Kully’s Original Sports Bar. All other volunteers and staff, including ticket sellers, are permitted to purchase tickets. Ticket sellers reserve the right to refuse sale of tickets.
4. The ticketholder does not have to be present to win a prize. Ticket purchasers must provide their name and telephone number and indicate on their ticket the envelope number they would like selected if their ticket is drawn for the weekly/progressive prize. If at anytime the number indicated by the ticket purchaser has been selected, or the space is left blank, the lowest remaining envelope will be deemed selected.
5. Each Thursday evening, at 7:45 p.m., ticket sales will be closed for the weekly draw, to be conducted at 8:00 p.m. the same evening. The first draw will be conducted at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday November 23, 2017 and the final drawing(s) will occur on July 19, 2018.
6. Prior to the first draw, a full deck of 52 playing cards will be inserted into 52 individual envelopes (#1 to #52).
7. One ticket will be drawn on November 23, 2017 by a Wise Guys Charity Fund volunteer. The winning ticketholder will select one numbered envelope, either in person or by indicating their selection on their ticket stub. The selected envelope will be opened, and the playing card revealed. If the selected envelope contains the Ace of Spades, the ticketholder is awarded 50% of all ticket proceeds collected and the raffle is concluded. If the selected envelope contains any other playing card, the winner will be awarded 20% of the ticket proceeds collected prior to the draw and 30% of the proceeds will be allocated to start the progressive jackpot for the following week. Following the draw: 1) the selected card is cut into two pieces and one half is displayed until the completion of the raffle 2) The selected envelope number is removed from the list of remaining available envelopes 3) the tickets are removed from the drum and void for all subsequent draws.
8. For each of the draws from the second onward, the same process as the first draw will be followed, with the Ace of Spades progressive jackpot totaling 30% of all weekly ticket sales proceeds to that date.
9. If the envelope containing the Ace of Spades has not been selected by any of the draws prior to, and including, the first draw on July 19, 2018, drawing will immediately continue until the Ace of Spades is revealed and the progressive prize awarded. Starting with the second ticket drawn, that evening, each ticketholder will not receive a portion of the weekly prize and will select an envelope. This process will continue until the envelope containing the Ace of Spades is selected, the progressive jackpot awarded, and the raffle concluded.
10. All prize winners agree to have their name and prize information publicized by Wise Guys Charity Fund and Kully’s Original Sports Bar.
11. All prizes to be paid by cheque. Prize winners will be contacted by telephone and their names listed on the Wise Guys Charity Fund website www.wiseguyscharity.com.
12. All prizes must be accepted as awarded and claimed within six months after the draw date. Unclaimed prizes will be reported to, and a charitable allocation approved by, the license provider.